Fund for Good – Meet our successful applicants!
Thank you to everyone who applied for the 2020 round of Fund For Good. Many of you took up our challenge to ‘Think big’ and with so many worthy applications it was difficult to choose just a few to receive funding. But our winners have been notified and we are delighted to introduce you to them in the video below where they connected on a Zoom call with the Fund for Good Panel, facilitated by Simon from Manawanui.
We look forward to catching up with them as they use their funding to progress personal projects and achieve their goals.
At Manawanui we encourage everyone to think big, and pursue your own goals and direction. We also believe in delivering delight and Fund for Good is one way that we aim to delight, by offering a little extra financial support to help turn your big ideas into reality.
When do applications open?
The next round of funding will take place later in 2021 and we will keep you updated via our Facebook page, newsletters and on this website of the key dates when applications open and close.
What is Fund for Good?
Fund for Good is an innovation programme funded by Manawanui that awards grants of up to $5000 to support big ideas that cannot be funded through Individualised Funding or other sponsorship.
In previous years we have supported personal projects as diverse as establishing micro-enterprises, Special Olympics participation, getting a truck licence, building a greenhouse and song writing. Each one of these applications met the criteria to enhance self-direction and independence.
Simon explains more about Fund for Good in this video:
Who can apply?
Fund for Good is open to all Manawanui customers, Managers and Agents who have an idea that doesn’t qualify for funding from anywhere else. Agents can apply on behalf of the person they support or for themselves. If you are an agent for more than one person, you may submit one application per person, per round.
How do I apply?
Applications are not open at this time. We will announce the dates for the next round of funding later in 2021.
- Applications will open again later in 2021 – we will announce the dates on this website, via our Facebook page and our newsletters.
- You can only be granted funding once every three years
- You can apply for either full or partial funding towards your project
- You can’t fund your idea through your Individualised Funding
- There must be no other options for sponsorship
- Your application goal enhances self-direction and results in greater independence
- You can demonstrate there are long term benefits from your idea and it works towards creating a good life
- You must clearly describe your project, the budget needed and the outcomes you expect
- It promotes an inclusive approach
- Successful applicants must be willing to allow Manawanui to use their details for positive publicity and sharing of stories. This may include, but is not limited to, interview, video and photos.
- Successful applicants must be willing to report on outcomes
- You must be a current Manawanui Customer (Manager or Agent)
- You may submit one application per person, per funding round/year.
What can I use the grant for?
There are no strict limitations around what you can use the grant for. We are innovators who like to push the boundaries and we encourage you to do the same.
Some examples are:
- Education, tuition (including support cost)
- Attending conferences that extend your skills
- Taking part in sporting events or training
- Adaptive recreation
- Buying technology
- Experiential training
- Learning & development
- Starting or progressing a Micro-enterprise
- A research project
- Leadership development
How much funding can I apply for?
You can apply for up to $5000 per person, although amounts awarded will be at our discretion and subject to the total funds available and applications received.
How are funds awarded?
An independent panel reviews each application against the criteria above and on its own merit.
If your application isn’t successful this time you can re-apply next time funding is available. However, if you (or the person you support) have received a grant from the Fund for Good, you will need to wait three years before submitting a new application.
What will be expected of me if I am successful?
In the event that your application is successful, you will be expected to report back to Manawanui on the outcomes of your sponsorship and we can agree the method and timeframe, depending on your project.
By accepting the funding, you agree to allow Manawanui to profile you and your project for promotional purposes. Please note, Manawanui will select at their discretion who to profile and is unlikely to profile all successful recipients.
Looking for inspiration? Take a look at some of our previous Fund for Good recipients