Fund for GOOD FAQ’s
Fund for Good
What is Manawanui’s Fund for GOOD?
Manawanui’s Fund for GOOD is an innovation programme sponsored by Manawanui that allows you to pursue your goals. If you cannot find funding for your project or idea elsewhere, you can apply to the Fund for GOOD.
Who can apply?
Fund for GOOD is open to all current Manawanui Customers, both Managers and Agents can apply. Also, agents can apply on behalf of the person they support or for themselves. If you are an agent for more than one person, you may submit one application per person, per round.
How will it work?
- There will be one funding round per year
- Applications for 2019 are now closed
- You will only be granted funding once every three years
- You can apply for either partial or full funding
What are the criteria?
- There are no other options for sponsorship
- You can’t fund your idea through your IF
- Your goal enhances self-direction
- It results in greater independence
- It promotes an inclusive, mainstream approach
- Successful applicants must be willing to allow Manawanui to profile them, this includes but is not limited to interview, video and photos for use in promotional activity
- Successful applicants must be willing to report on outcomes
- You must be a current Manawanui Customer (Manager or Agent)
What can I use the grant for?
There are no strict rules around what you can apply for. The idea is to use the fund for whatever would make the biggest difference to you. In case you need some help, we’ve included a few examples below. However, feel free to talk to us about any idea you may have. For example, you could apply for:
- Education, tuition (including support cost)
- Attending conferences that extend your skills
- Taking part in sporting events or training
- Adaptive recreation
- Buying technology
- Experiential training
- Learning & development
- Starting or progressing a Micro-enterprise
- A research project
- Leadership development
How do I apply?
We want to make it easy and fun to apply. You can complete your application by sending us your details and ideas in any way including PowerPoint, video, document, etc. for our panel’s consideration.
How much funding can I apply for?
The set dollar limit per application can change from funding round to funding round and is determined by the total amount of funds available for that round. We would love to help everyone, however, we have limited funds, and unfortunately cannot fund the likes of gymnasiums, houses or such big-ticket items.
For the 2019 funding round, we will be accepting applications of up to $5000 per person for consideration. You can apply for partial or complete funding.
How many times can I apply?
In the event that your application hasn’t been successful, you can re-apply again in the next round. However, if you (or the person you support) have received a grant from the Fund for GOOD, you will need to wait three years before submitting a new application.
What happens after I submit my application?
Your application is given to our independent panel for consideration. The panel will convene to review all the applications. They will deliberate the merit of each application and review them against set criteria. Following this review, we will notify you of the outcome of your application.
What’s the selection criteria?
To support your idea or goal, we’ll need to ensure that:
- you can’t fund your idea with your personal budget
- your idea promotes self-direction
- your project is clearly described including a budget and expected outcomes
- you can show there are long term benefits from your idea and it works towards creating a good life
- your idea contributes to the realisation of the Enabling Good Lives vision and principles.
How do I know if my application is successful?
You will receive written communication from Manawanui in the event that we can support your application. All decisions are final, and we will be unable to discuss this further with any applicants. However, if you are unsuccessful, you are welcome to try again in the next round.
What will be expected of me if I am successful?
In the event that your application is successful, you will be expected to report back to Manawanui on the outcomes of your sponsorship. However, we will agree on the method and timeframe for reporting back with you, depending on your project.
By accepting the funding, you are agreeing to allow Manawanui to profile you and your project for promotional or publication purposes. Please note, Manawanui will select at their discretion who to profile and is unlikely to profile all successful recipients.